Not By Bread Alone
July 23, 2017
- The Word of God is food for the Christian. Matthew 4:4, 1 Peter 1:23
- The Word alone teaches us plainly about God and salvation. Psalm 19:1-11
III. Be doers of the Word and not hearers only! James 1:22
- Becoming a man or woman of the Word. Colossians 3:16
- Hear the Word with a discerning mind. Acts 17:10-12
- Read and study the Word. Acts 17:10-12
- Meditate on the Word. Psalm 1:2-3
- Speak the Word. Colossians 3:16
Questions for reflection:
- What does it mean to describe Scripture as our food?
- What are the benefits of having the Word “dwell in us richly”?
- Where do you need to strengthen your grip on the Word?