A Savior Is Born
Scripture: Judges 13:1–13:35
A Savior is Born
October 15, 2017
- The Israelites have been delivered into the hands of the Philistines. Judges 13:1.
- An announcement of a supernatural birth. Judges 13:2-14
- A. Manoah’s wife is barren. Judges 13:2.
- B. The boy will be a Nazirite from conception. Judges 13:4-5,7,14.
- C. He will be a savior. Judges 13:5, 24-25, Matthew 1:21,
- Luke 2:52
IV. The appearance of the Angel of the Lord. Judges 13:3, 15-20
- The recognition of the Angel’s identity stirs up great fear. Judges 3:21-23
Questions for reflection:
- Why do you think there is no record of the Israelites crying out to the Lord in response to the decades of subservience and bondage to the Philistines?
- Why does Judges spend so much time on the birth of Samson?
- As a parent or grandparent, what should our expectations look like for our children and grand-children?
- What is one take-away from this sermon for you?